Saturday, June 11, 2011

Crowd Accelerated Innovation

The article, Crowd Accelerated Innovation, by Chris Anderson and the video of his TEDTalk holds some interesting food for thought.  The idea that web videos are pushing people towards new learning everyday is certainly very interesting.  It seems like every day I see something online, whether it is a video, a website, a blog, or anything else, and I think to myself, “dang, I want to do that on my website, or with my own video.”  The bottom line is that there is some truth to the fact that we, as human beings, are pushed forward by what we see others do.  Moving this into the classroom could be as simple as providing previous student work to your current classes and encouraging them to do better. 

The video below is one video out of three that I looked at to see if there was any truth to Anderson’s idea.  While I believe Crowd Accelerated Innovation is at play in regards to the actual teacher who created the video, I am not quite sure it came into play with their students.  The video, compared to other two videos I watched was certainly a higher quality.  It was obvious that the teacher who created it looked at other videos and figured out how to take their video to the next level.


1 comment:

  1. I really liked this video as well. My favorite part was probably where they had input from the students about the experience.

    ReplyDelete