Saturday, June 11, 2011

Better Late Than Never - Julia Fallon

Way back at the beginning of the semester I forgot to attend an online session that was visited by Julia Fallon.  Through the power of the internet and screencapture technology I have been able to go back and view the archived session.  Overall, I was very impressed with her presentation about Twitter.  I think the thing the stuck out to me the most was her description of Twitter.  She described it as a way to build community and to network.  My experience with Twitter has led me to the same conclusion.  I am constantly amazed at the ability of Twitter to bring me together with some exceptional leaders in the field of educational technology.  Whether they are specific companies, other teachers, or university researchers, Twitter allows its users to create their own community.  Over the last few months, it has become an extremely powerful tool for me.  While I look forward to using it for my own benefit in the future, I am left still wondering just how I might be able to implement this powerful web tool in my own classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your ability to get beyond the digital noise. Now if we can just convince people that they don't have to create it, maybe I would be better at Twitter.

    ReplyDelete